Virginia Beach Community & Recreation Center
800 Monmouth Lane
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
TTY/TDD: (877) 434-7598
Spanish Line: (877) 627-3350
What type of business is this? Private, Non-Profit
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization that helps people 50+ have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society as a whole. AARP has many member chapters throughout the country and Virginia.
The Kempsville chapter meets on the 2nd Wednesday, 10:00 a.m., at Virginia Beach Community & Recreation Center. No meetings during July and August.
AARP Foundation is the affiliated charity that is dedicated to serving vulnerable people 50+ by creating solutions that help them secure the essentials and achieve their best life; focusing in on hunger, housing, isolation,legal advocacy and grants program.
AARP has several forms of communication including
- AARP The Magazine is published bimonthly;
- AARP Bulletin is the monthly newspaper;
- AARP Live is a live, one-hour call-in show (877-731-6733) which streams to the website each month and airs on the RFD-TV cable network. All programs air at 10:00pm Eastern time.;
- AARP Viva is a quarterly magazine in Spanish and English;
- AARP website is www.aarp.org.
Age range: Serving ages 50 years of age and older Among our staff, we can speak:English Service Area (Cities|Counties):Virginia Beach City Other Eligibility Requirements:AARP member and potential member
Hours of operation:
How to Access Services:Walk-in; the telephone numbers listed are for the main office in Washington, DC
Consumers can expect to be contacted in 24 hours.