Here are some tips for successfully using the disAbilityNavigator website:
1. Searching - To search our database of listings, click on the Find Services button on the right-hand side of the homepage. This will direct you to our three search options:
- Quick Search-the fast way to search for services
- Guided Search-for a little extra help choosing a topic to search
- Resource Locator-to help you search where you don't know where to start.
2. Topic Areas - We have 6 topic areas to help you explore our content! These areas are located in alphabetical order on the right-hand side of the homepage. Just click on your area of interest and choose a sub-topic to learn more.
3. Other Services on disAbilityNavigator - The "I Want to" section on the right-hand side of the homepage gives you some other options to access other services disAbilityNavigator offers including the Ask an Expert function and the Community Calendar.
4. Solution Centers - You will find a dedicated area for our Solution Centers in the middle of the homepage. Here you can access the Take Back Your Life: Domestic Violence in Later Life Solution Center , Aging Well: Healthy Choices Solution Center, Virginia Health Navigator Solution Center as well as the Virginia Family Caregiver Solution Center.
5. For Professionals - Are you a professional looking to update information about your programs and services? We still rely on you to help us keep the resource database of programs as current as possible.
To update your programs using the VirginiaNavigator Resource Database Provider Portal go to www.VirginiaNavigator.org and follow these steps:
a. Select "Find Services" Button
b. Select "Quick Search" Box
c. In the "Topic" box put a term(s) for what you do (for example: personal care, errands, transportation, home delivered meals, medical equipment).
d. Put in either your zipcode or City/County
e. Select "Search" Button
f. Review list of services returned and find your agency.
g. Click on the program name and you will see all of the details about your service. In the top right hand corner, follow the link: "Is this your program?"
h. Follow the instructions to Register.
If your Agency is not on the resource database, fill out our Service Provider Survey and e-mail, fax, or mail it to us. If you need any assistance, please call toll free 866-393-0957.
6. Supporters - In order to support our mission as a statewide non-profit organization and keep our services free of charge, disAbilityNavigator has developed a Supporter Advertisements section of its website. The Supporter Advertisement section allows a trusted community business/organization to promote its services and links consumers directly to its website. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Supporter, click here.
For more assistance, you can call us at 804-525-7728, toll free at 866-393-0957, or email us.