Tips for successfully using the website:
1. Searching - To search our database of programs, click on the "Find Services" button on the right-hand side of the homepage. This will direct you to our three search options:
- Quick Search-the fast way to search for services
- Guided Search-for a little extra help choosing a topic to search
- Resource Locator-to help you search when you don't know where to start.
2. Topic Areas - We have 7 topic areas to help you explore our articles and links! These areas are located in alphabetical order on the right-hand side of the homepage. Click on your area of interest and choose a sub-topic to learn more.
3. Headlines - This section is dedicated to current news items that might be helpful for you to know more about.
4. Solution Centers - You will find a dedicated area for our Solution Centers in the middle of the homepage. Here you can access the Take Back Your Life: Domestic Violence in Later Life Solution Center , Aging Well: Healthy Choices Solution Center as well as the Virginia Health Navigator Solution Center.
5. Other Services on SeniorNavigator - The "I Want to..." section on the right-hand side of the homepage gives you some options to access other services SeniorNavigator offers including the ability to "Ask an Expert" a question or visit the Community Calendar to find local events.
6. For Professionals - Are you a professional looking to update information about your programs and services? We still rely on you to help us keep the resource database of programs as current as possible.
To update your programs using the VirginiaNavigator Resource Database Provider Portal go to www.VirginiaNavigator.org and follow these steps:
a. Select "Find Services" Button
b. Select "Quick Search" Box
c. In the "Topic" box put a term(s) for what you do (for example: personal care, errands, transportation, home delivered meals, medical equipment).
d. Put in either your zipcode or City/County
e. Select "Search" Button
f. Review list of services returned and find your agency.
g. Click on the program name and you will see all of the details about your service. In the top right hand corner, follow the link: "Is this your program?"
h. Follow the instructions to Register.
If your Agency is not on the resource database, fill out our Service Provider Survey and e-mail, fax, or mail it to us. If you need any assistance, please call toll free 866-393-0957.
7. Supporters - In order to support our mission as a statewide non-profit organization and keep our services free of charge, SeniorNavigator has a Supporter Advertisements section of its website. The Supporter Advertisement section allows a trusted community business/organization to promote its services and links consumers directly to its website. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Supporter, visit our Supporter Information page.
8. Membership - You will need to register to use the Ask an Expert function, the interactive tools on the Aging Well: Healthy Choices Solution Center, and to update professional service information.
About our content:
Our informational articles, services included on the resource database, webpage links and home page information is referred to as the Content. The Content is offered for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, financial or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Use of this web site does not create a doctor/patient or lawyer/client relationship between you and SeniorNavigator or any of our editors or Content providers. Instead, the Content is intended to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between you and your lawyer, you and your financial planner, and you and your physician. You should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Always seek the advice of a professional, be it the area of law, finance or medicine.
For more assistance, you can call us at 804-525-7728, toll free at 866-393-0957, or email us at email@example.com.