Your privacy is very important to us. As a user of our unique family of websites (www.VirginiaNavigator.org, www.SeniorNavigator.org, www.disAbilityNavigator.org, www.VirginiaNavigatorforEasyAccess.org), you will have access to comprehensive information and accurate, in-depth details about local services and providers. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible visiting our websites and using the services they offer. This Privacy Statement tells you what information we collect, how we protect it and what choices you have about how that information is used. We urge you to read the following Privacy Statement so that you will understand both our commitment to you and your privacy, and how you can participate in that commitment.
Personal Information We Collect
- SeniorNavigator® is a 501c3 not-for-profit charity. We accept online donations for the purposes of serving residents of Virginia. We value, appreciate, and rely on generous contributions from individuals, foundations, corporations and others to carry out our work. When you make a donation online (or via mail, fax or phone) we do collect donor information (i.e. name, address, gift amount, phone number, email address, date of transaction) that allows us to process and record your gift. When you make a gift online your transaction is handled by PayPal at the PayPal site. The PayPal site is highly secure. It uses industry-leading technology (such as SSL) to keep your information safe. PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). Once your information reaches the PayPal site, it resides on a server that is heavily guarded both physically and electronically. PayPal servers sit behind an electronic firewall and are not directly connected to the internet, so your private information is available only to authorized computers. In addition to protecting our donors’ privacy and security online, we are committed to providing excellent customer service to our donors offline as well. SeniorNavigator staff are available during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time) to answer questions about your tax-deductible donation. Send any questions to email@example.com or call (804) 525-7728.
- You do not have to register as a member of SeniorNavigator® in order to use our websites. If you register to become a member, however, you will be able to use the Ask-an-Expert feature on the site, as well as tools related to our Solution Centers.
- If you choose to register to become a member of SeniorNavigator or any of our family of websites, we will collect the following information from you, which will be stored in your file (which we call your "Profile") on our website. (Donor information is not considered to be a part of member profile, nor is your donor information stored in your profile.) The following indicates each item that is required as part of registration:
- Email address (required)
- Password (required)
- Security Question (required)
- Security Answer (required)
- First Name (required)
- Gender (required)
- Year of Birth (required)
- ZIP code (required)
- If you chose to communicate with us through our "Provide Feedback" form ("Feedback Form") found by clicking on the "Provide Feedback" link, Info link or via Ask an Expert, we will collect your name and email address, together with any comments or feedback you may have.
- We do not use "persistent cookies" anywhere on our site. "Cookies" are small computer files that can be transferred to your computer's hard drive. We do analyze our website logs and user statistics to improve the value of our site. Our logs and user statistics are not personally identifiable, however, and we make no attempt to link these logs and user statistics with individuals that view our website. We use these logs for sales and marketing tracking as well as system performance monitoring. These logs are reviewed for the overall, aggregate trends they reveal about our customers, not for the behaviors of individual users. Only authorized staff have access to our website logs and user statistics. While SeniorNavigator® does not send cookies, some sites to which we link may send cookies. You can set your browser to disable cookies or to prompt you before a cookie is accepted.
- We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. We provide a notice that a parent is required to complete registration on behalf of the minor user under 13 years old.
- Because our websites are intended to be unique Internet guidebooks for Virginians, we do not intend to collect information from organizations and individuals located outside of the United States, including the European Union.
Disclosure of Information We Collect
- We may provide information about you that does not allow you to be identified to, or contacted by, third parties ("Aggregate Information"). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our site and the activities they conduct while on our site. We also might share information regarding the demographics of our members, such as their year of birth, gender or zipcode. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge for this information.
- We do not compile, buy, sell, rent or trade consumer mailing lists. Information provided by you to us during registration or when you make an online donation may be used by us for future marketing and educational efforts directed to you.
- Identifying information collected through our Feedback Form is used only to facilitate our ability to respond to you by return email, and is not used or collected by us in any way.
- We may from time to time seek to have our site certified by independent certification organizations. Such certifications may require an audit of our website, including your Personal Information and the Aggregate Information. We will request that each such certification organization not further use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than auditing this website for compliance with its certification qualifications. Of course, we cannot guarantee their compliance with our requests.
- Please note that you are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your member name or File. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of your email address; (2) to authorize, monitor and control access to your password; and (3) to promptly notify us of any need to deactivate your password. By becoming a member of SeniorNavigator®, you grant us and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the our website the right to receive, transmit, monitor, retrieve, store and use your Personal Information, including information which may be privileged and confidential under applicable state and federal laws, in connection with the operation of our website and our maintenance of your File.
How We Handle Privacy Internally
- We will store your Personal Information in our database for a time period reasonable enough to ensure that the information remains current. We will update our database periodically to ensure that it remains current, and will purge your Personal Information when we believe it is no longer valid or current.
Your Privacy Choices
- When you register to become a member of one of our websites, you will provide certain required identifying information which will help us better design and maintain our website.
- We are committed to providing reasonable and practical access to allow you to identify inaccuracies in your Personal Information. You have the right to access your File. You may submit inquiries about the accuracy of Personal Information that you have submitted previously to us. You may also request to have information removed. When practical, we will, upon your request, modify or delete your Personal Information. If you would like to review and/or revise your Personal Information, you may email our web master at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Web Master, SeniorNavigator®, 7501 Boulders View Drive, Suite 201, Richmond, Virginia 23225.