The Virginia Family Caregiver Solution Center is a unique, virtual informational-hub that enables individuals to access valuable resources in one place, at their convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including:
- A robust Caregiver Forum, generously provided and powered by AgingCare.com, offering a place where caregivers can ask questions, give answers, exchange messages and get support from other family caregivers
- Educational articles and tip sheets
- A easy-to-use search tool to find local support services across Virginia
- Presentations and webinars from topic experts
- Topical links to other helpful resources
Try the Caregiver Forum--As a caregiver you will know you are not alone. You will know that you belong to a supportive community where you can engage with people just like you for advice and support.
Funded by the three-year Lifespan Respite Care Grant received by Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) from the Administration for Community Living, formerly the Administration on Aging, at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in July 2011, the Virginia Family Caregiver Solution Center is one facet of this large-scale caregiver support initiative. In January 2013, DARS launched the Lifespan Respite Voucher Program for Virginia families who care for a loved one with disabilities or chronic conditions and meet certain eligibility criteria. The program, funded by limited funds from the federal grant, helps many Virginia families.
To access the Virginia Family Caregiver Solution Center visit VirginiaFamilyCaregiver.org or call (804) 525-7728 or Toll-free 1-866-393-0957.
Source: Copyright © 2015 SeniorNavigator ®; ALL RIGHTS RESERVED